Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost 8 weeks pregnant...I've been pregnant before but I don't remember anything like this so early.

I was just nursing my son (2 1/2) and lifted him to switch sides...when I raised him up I felt a sharp, stabbing pain on one side. It was intense. It went away pretty quickly, but it's still a bit sore...I immediately checked for bleeding (thankfully there was none).

Is it possible to have round ligament pain this early?

· Registered
3,463 Posts
I had what seemed to have been round ligament pain for a couple of weeks before finding out I was pregnant - I found out at 5 weeks. I had gone to the doctor about these crazy sharp pains I was having; totally was not expecting pregnancy! So if that's what they were for me, I was just 3 weeks into my first pregnancy...CRAZY early.

· Registered
514 Posts
Yes! I have never gotten them this early before, but yeah, all the time with this baby! Especially if I bend way over to one side or the other, I recognize the pain as round ligament pain, but have never dealt with it so early on.

· Registered
159 Posts
I started getting round ligament pain at 4 weeks this time!!!! I've never gotten it this early in any of my past pregnancies.I am soooo hoping there is only 1 bean in there lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.