Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the new thing for me compared to last pregnancy.

I'd so rather have had morning sickness than random stabs if I move the wrong way.

At least it's not happening a ton, but when it does....OUCH!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I hear you... sneezing or getting out of bed kill me!

Another recent development I'm experiencing is baby pushing off my cervix. At first it felt like flutters I thought were contractions (Braxton-Hicks?) but now that the baby is bigger, it feels more like a clear kick (often followed by a punch under my navel). Owwwie...

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Uh the cervix kicks - the only good thing is that they should get better once the baby turns vertical/ head town in a couple of months....

·
Registered
633 Posts
I used to have cervix tickles last time. Preferable to kicks, but made me feel like I was going to pee myself :grin:

I have had some round ligament pain in the first trimester, but seems to have dialed down lately. Have you tried chiropractic care? If they're trained in the Webster techinique I think they should be able to help with it

·
Registered
111 Posts
@SecondtimeMama I can't agree with you on that one! I personally appreciate that the round ligament pain is quick and doesn't last all. day. long. like the nausea did. At least until I am actually in labor, I think I will always remember morning sickness as the worst part of pregnancy!

The round ligament pains do startle me though - they often make me yelp out in surprise, then SO is all, "What happened???," then totally unimpressed with my response - oh, it's just that durn round ligament pain again. I don't think he actually knows what it is :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@SecondtimeMama I can't agree with you on that one! I personally appreciate that the round ligament pain is quick and doesn't last all. day. long. like the nausea did. At least until I am actually in labor, I think I will always remember morning sickness as the worst part of pregnancy!

The round ligament pains do startle me though - they often make me yelp out in surprise, then SO is all, "What happened???," then totally unimpressed with my response - oh, it's just that durn round ligament pain again. I don't think he actually knows what it is :)
See, last time, I had to plan around morning sickness, but I could plan. I wasn't really clear, I don't mean any morning sickness, I mean the mild stuff I had last time, which was also already over by week 13 or so.

But yeah, strong morning sickness would be way worse than round ligament pain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts