Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was drinking pregnancy tea by traditional medicines from the time I found out I was pregnant until a few days ago. Now anytime I have a glass I get some frequent bh, so I quit drinking it. Does this happen to anyone else and did you continue drinking it if you did? I was going to ask my mw at my appointment this week, but it had to be rescheduled twice because she had 3births in 3 days.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
No, RRL is safe throughout pregnancy. Its a uterine toner and rich in minerals, it isn't an emmenegouge. It doesn't work to start labor or conractions. With that said, some women do avoid it until the 3rd trimester.<br><br>
So far as noticing BHs, I'd say that if you are feeling like the tea is causing them, go ahead and stop it. Everyone is individual. But, I've never seen a problem with it in any of my clients , or in my own pregnancies (I drink it in a homemade brew from early pregnancy).

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I drank it last pregnancy, but am steering clear this time b/c my DD was born 6 weeks early, for unknown reasons. I would personally steer clear of anything that I felt was causing braxton hicks this early, but I am probably a bit paranoid because of my history.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
My first ds was 10 weeks early and in my 2nd pregnancy when I noticed braxton hicks with rrl tea I also stopped. I think I started drinking it a bit again in the last few weeks. Herbs are powerful and it's good to respect what your body is telling you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts