Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the last few days I've been having RRL tea occasionally, and I've noticed a pattern. Everytime after I have a cup or two, I have fairly regular intense contractions for about 3 hours. Then, they fade out. Am I just wasting energy on these contractions? Or are they ALMOST getting me into labor each time? Should I keep taking it and just drink it constantly (every 2-3 hours today) and hope that it causes contractions to continue, or put it away and relax?

HELP!

·
Registered
888 Posts
I don't know but I bought a lot earlier in the pregnancy -- I haven't used it though. It's in the guest bedroom closet and looks like a huge bag of, eh, something else, sitting there -- well, that would be worth a fortune!

My MW told me to drink it last week but I never did.

I'm interested to learn about its efficacy, too!

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I don't believe that RRL will do diddly-squat to get you into labour. Sorry. I do think that it's a fantastic tonic for women and very good at getting protein, calcium and many of the minerals needed by childbearing women into you (if you make a good strong decoction) whilst being very good at settling stomachs: therefore, for me, it's more of a food supplement than a labour enhancer.
The interesting thing is that you're getting these contractions: what's your gut instinct telling you? Is this your mind thinking your labour off, do you think?
FWIW: I don't believe there's such a thing as wasting energy on contractions. Every single niggle and ache and pain is doing something: moving baby into a nicer position, putting more pressure on the cervix, preparing baby for the experience to come. As long as you're coping OK with them, it can only be a good thing.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My little contractions seem to be coming after I eat or drink anything, also after I wake up from a nap or a few hours of p.m. sleep that pass for "sleeping through the night" right now. But my mw swears that RRL helps "tone" the uterus -- I wonder what that means if it doesn't mean helps it contract? And I agree with Helen -- I'll take ANY sign that things are progressing!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I've been having contractions after I drink a cup, I thought it was in my head! Obviously since this thread is here, it's not. I say keep drinking it. I'm going to have a nice strong cup tonight, myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.