Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. i'm against vaccines. but, i don't know everything.<br><br>
my ped thinks that my 6mo old premie should have a series of rsv vaccines because 'we don't make antibodies for it, so we need to get the antibodies from the vaccine'. he didn't have a problem with lung maturity. he was gestationally 32 4/7 weeks, early to be sure. and it's a problem with premies, i know. i don't want this vaccine series, but i want to intelligently say 'no thanks'.<br><br>
also my naturopathic ped thinks that he'll need a couple vaccines because he's not getting breastmilk. i'll find out in a couple weeks which ones they are, but i'm not looking forward to those, either.<br><br>
i don't want to do any vaccines, ever. i want to homeschool, but can't bet that when the time comes it'll happen.<br><br>
can someone point me toward this info?<br><br>
thanks,<br><br>
Lori

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
My understanding was that the vaccine was only recommended for preemies between October and April - RSV season. Personally, I would pass, especially if your baby is not in daycare.<br><br>
The contraction of germs made me think of grocery carts (another story) and thought I would pass this site along. They make grocery cart covers that cover all areas Baby can touch, even the sides. They also make restaurant highchair covers.<br><br><a href="http://www.cleanshopper.com" target="_blank">Cleanshopper</a>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts