Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Specifically, I am looking at getting a 100 gallon Rubbermaid trough, but I've also thought about a La Bassine. At this point I'm leaning towards the Rubbermaid because it seems it would be significantly more durable, and #1 we are renting and shouldn't technically have a pool at all (and I feel like the Rubbermaid would be less likely to leak), and #2 I'd like to have something that will last so that I can potentially rent/lend it out to clients in the future, and be able to use it again myself if we have more kids. I definitely can't afford the La Bassine pro-grade, which I know would be more durable. Another thing to consider is that I want to put the tub in our bedroom, so the Rubbermaid appeals to me for its more compact size but still having the same depth as the La Bassine. I would also plan on padding it so that it could be comparable in comfort to the inflatable floor in the La Bassine.</p>
<p>Is there anyone who's used one or the other or both who has any good input for me? I have a lot of time to figure it out, I'm just a huge planner...</p>

·
Registered
861 Posts
<p>I have a la bassine and a kiddie pool.  I've used the kiddie pool for several of my own births, and for a few other peoples births.  I've only used the la bassine for other peoples births.  I have another babe due this year and am planning on using the kiddie pool for myself.  The la bassine is good for limited space, but I prefer the room I have with my kiddie pool (two or more people can fit in and still give me all the wiggle room I want).  Plus, for some reason, the walls seemed to be more stable than the la bassines are.  I do want to note, however, that I am a short woman (less than 5'3), so don't need a pool with sides as tall as the la bassines are.  If it came down to it, I think I would choose the trough over the la bassine due to the sturdiness (I also happen to live in a very cold area, and up here we have to worry about the pools cracking and breaking when in storage.  That wouldn't be a problem with the trough).  It isn't hard to make the trough comfortable; you just put down pillows and/or blankets, cover it all with a disposable liner, and you're good to go.  It also doesn't hurt that the trough is cheaper than a la bassine.    </p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts