Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This last school year has been the hardest on Dawn. In the last trimester of the year, there has been some nasty false rumors circulating about her. I'm not sure if there is anything being said on the internet. I know she's been consulting to friends about it on Google Plus and Facebook. Those are the only 2 places she is on. But she was definitely hearing them at school. It's summer break and she is still upset and worried about it. Normally, she would talk to her guidance counsellor, who has been made aware of these rumors. But since she is not in school we can't address them. The culprit who started them remains a suspect and there is only so much I can do other than reassure her that we know the rumors are wrong and just be there for her.
She is being set up for counselling services for similar, but unrelated reasons. Perhaps they can provide some resources. I can't afford camp, and she is very sick with pink eye and a throat and ear infection. So, I can't really get her to do some type of activity to get her mind off of things. She was feeling relieved to be out of school last week and we thought she could leave the rumor worries behind her. But now that she is bed ridden, I think that's all that she can think about. I don't think it's going to do anything by looking to see if there is anything being said on social media. It would be easier to find a needle in a haystack.
What else is there to do?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Does she like school? Would she want to school from home? Not that that is the only option but it is one. Especially if this doesn't stop. I know how damaging kids can be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts