Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter had a friend over with a slight runny nose today. Her mom said, it was from the flu vaccine. The Dr had said it would happen. I'm just curious if she could pass on the flu or is that just a concern with the flu mist.
I'm not worried, just wondering.

Thank you.

·
Registered
18,826 Posts
My daughter had a friend over with a slight runny nose today. Her mom said, it was from the flu vaccine. The Dr had said it would happen. I'm just curious if she could pass on the flu or is that just a concern with the flu mist.
I'm not worried, just wondering.

Thank you.
Many years ago I was in a health class with some nurses. At that time I had major nasal allergies going on and sneezed a lot. I asked one of the nurses if my sneezing represented a danger to anyone else's health, or if allergy sneezing was okay.

The nurse said "it depends on what you have hanging out in your nose. If you've got some infectious bacteria, even if they aren't making YOU sick, they could make someone else sick."

Might not be the flu, but if your body is dripping or sneezing or coughing you are spreading something. Most of the time, most of us can cope with all these exposures just fine. The risk depends on the degree of vulnerability of OUR body to a large extent.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Since FluMist does shed and liquid coming out of the nose is the way.

Who knows what else the child picked up in the office/clinic when she had the mist. It's hard to tell.

According to the info for FluMist it's not to be an "issue", so they say, unless you are person with a compromised system.

Time is the really the only way to tell. Could be a cold or something else, might have been in the works prior to the vaccine or picked up at the time of the vaccine.

https://www.flumistquadrivalent.com/hcp/myths-vs-facts
The most common solicited adverse reactions (occurring ≥10% in vaccine recipients and at least 5% greater than in placebo) reported after FluMist were runny nose or nasal congestion in all persons 2-49 years, fever >100°F in children 2‑6 years, and sore throat in adults 18‑49 years. Among children 2‑17 years who received FluMist Quadrivalent, 32% reported runny nose or nasal congestion and 7% reported fever >100°F. Among adults 18‑49 years who received FluMist Quadrivalent, 44% reported runny nose or nasal congestion and 19% reported sore throat.

·
Registered
18,826 Posts
Thank you both of you.

Maybe it was the mist. My friend said the Dr had warned her that her daughter would get a runny nose. Fortunately my daughter gets probiotics, ascorbic acid and Vit D every day, and I've been living off kimchi and safer kraut, haha.
You poor deluded victim of evil quacks!

Nothing boosts immunity except getting the vaccine...

·
Registered
18,826 Posts
Oh man, Deborah. Got an email saying there was another reply, but in the email only the last part of your comment was visible: "only the vaccine boosts immunity"

I thought we'd lost you to the sheeple, haha!
Funny! Nope, just another attack of sarcasm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts