Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 17 month old started becoming congested last night and is having a terrible time getting to (and staying) asleep. any natural remedies out there? i guess i just need to wait it out w/ lots of fluids & love.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
You can try a squirt of saline solution in the nostrils, then suck it out with that little bulb syringe. A humidifier or vaporizor (careful with these if your little one is prone to pulling things down, tho...) can help. A warm bath with Eucalyptus oil, or sitting in the bathroom with the shower on hot to breathe in the steam. Do you co-sleep? Sometimes, if you can sleep propped up a bit with the baby on your chest can help them breathe easier, or try propping up the end of the baby's bed with something. Hope your babe feels better soon!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you thank you thank you!

most of this i guess i already knew its just great to be reminded when you're in the thick of it and can't think clearly. i inclined her bedding so she slept much better. we also had a great (and long) Eucalyptus filled bath!

thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.