Mothering Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
This is a good thread. It's got me thinking....
I tend to agree with the genetics/trigger theory. Identifying a genetic suceptibility to disorders like autism doesn't nix the blame of the vaccine, IMO. Actually, it's possibly a step in the right direction refuting the whole "No relationship between vaccines and autism" propoganda.
It just seems like all this research is still in it's infancy.
There's a whole list of illnesses vaxes might or might not cause, and a whole list of things in vaccines that might or might not cause these illnesses.
Then there's 99% of the medical community convinced that anyone who questions vaccines is a nut. But then there are all those kids that "caught" autism after the MMR, and all those parents that saw the way it went down. And have video tapes, etc. proving their children were normal and healthy before the MMR.
Ergo, that 99% of the medical community that swears there's no relationship between vaccines and autism is full of crap, IMO.
So, the questions remain...
What happened with all those kids that were destroyed by the MMR? What exactly was it in the MMR? Why were some kids effected and some weren't? What less dramatic effects might vaccines have that aren't as obvious as the MMR/autism cases?
And lastly, why isn't there more serious research being done to figure all this out?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well the last IOM report pretty much summed up the way it is and the way they will defend themselves in the future.
They said (in my words) thimerosal does not cause autism. There is a possibility there is a small subgroup of children with a genetic defect who are unable to process mercury, but mercury itself does not CAUSE this defect, therefore thimerosal does not CAUSE auitism.
It's all in the wording! Hell you can get out of anything with the right lawyers.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Just like smoking doesn't "cause" cancer?

Or that W.R. Grace didn't "cause" leukemia in all those children in Woburn, MA?

It's just stupid symantics.

What I don't understand is why everyone keeps going along with all the vaccination stuff. Why aren't more people outraged? HOrrified? Demanding to know the truth?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.