Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Birth Story... This was April 15th 2007<br><br>
I fell asleep on Saturday night with some light cramping and tossed and turned for a few hours because my lower back was KILLING me. I woke up at 4 am and got in the shower, It made me feel better so I got back in bed. About 5 minutes later I was in SOOO much pain and was having BHs about every 2 minutes with horrible cramping so I got back in the shower. They were coming soo close together and I was doubled over in pain so I knew it was time and started screaming for Zach. He was half asleep and sooo confused but we finally got everything together and got to the hospital @ about 5 am.<br><br>
They hooked me up to the moniters and my contractions were about a minute and a half apart so she checked my cervix and I was to a 3. About 15 minutes later they moved me to my room and I got right in the shower for about 20 minutes. They checked me again and I was to a tight 5. They checked me about an hour later and I was to a 6. The whole time I was having contractions a minute apart with a few that were 2 minutes apart every now and then. Zach went and got my brothers from the house as soon as they told me I was to a 6 and they went right to the cafeteria when they got back. They were gone for not even 10 minutes and my contractions started feeling different (more pressure) so they checked me again and I was to a 9. I was stuck at a 9 from 7:30 to 8:30 and my contractions were hitting soooo hard that I couldnt even breathe. I started pushing at 8:30... Man that felt good until the contraction stopped but the dr. was still pulling at me.<br><br>
Finally her head was coming but got stuck and I wasnt tearing on my own so they had to cut me. He hit me with some novacaine and I didnt even feel any of the cutting or anything. I pushed a few quick pushed and her head popped out and then he pulled the rest of her out. She was born at exactly 9 am but they had 9:02 on the moniters. She didnt have any problems and came out very alert with soft little cries. Zach held her while I was being all stitched up (sooo not fun... he cut me all the way to my butt lol) and then he took my brothers for breakfast while I showered and called everyone.<br><br>
Im sooo happy I kept to my word and didnt get the epidural. That was my main goal and I stuck to it. Rylin was born at 9.2 oz. and 21 and a half inches long with a 35 cm head.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Congratulations on making your goal and not getting an epidural! It sounds like you had a very fast active labor (4 hrs if I'm figuring that up correctly - at least from the time you were dilated to 3). Fast labors can feel like you're on a rollercoaster - and after its over, it can feel like - what happened?. They can take some time to process.<br><br>
"I wasnt tearing on my own so they had to cut me" - this simply isn't true - even with a large baby. It is very normal for baby's head to come out - and the body follows a couple min later. I see it all the time as a L&D nurse.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Welcome Rylin! It sounds like a powerfully fast labor! Congrats for a successful, natural birth!!!<br><br>
Thanks for sharing your story!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Congratulations on your new little one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts