• 17lb

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • 18+

Votes: 9 16.4%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
DS was about 12 pounds by three months. He gained slow the first few months and took off after that.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I don't remember what ds was at 3 months but at his 6 month checkup he weighed 16.5. Apparently that is right about 50 percentile for his age according to the chart they gave me. He looks a slight bit chunk due to the fact that his height is in the 25th percentile. His head is in the 75th percentile on the other hand... which I find kind of funny. So according to the norm he's all sorts of out of porportion. Either way, hes healthy, happy, and plenty cute. He was 7lb 12oz at birth.

My friends baby weighed in at almost 19lbs at his 4 month checkup however. He is a full 2 inches taller than my ds at 2 months younder as well. He doesn't look chunky at all given his height. He's roughly about the size of an 8 or 9 month old baby. Seems healthy though

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
nak

i messed up in the poll. it should've been 10 (well, almost), not 9.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Mine was 20 lbs =) He is 8 months and 30 lbs now.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I wouldn't worry. My dd was a major chubster - like 20lbs by 6 mos and is now a tiny little thing at almost 4 years old. My ds is definitely over 15lbs at 3 mos. BF babies tend to really chunk out.

·
Registered
318 Posts
my dd is 14 weeks and weighs 14lb 10 oz, she was 8lb 13oz at birth

·
Registered
395 Posts
Not about 3 months but, at 6 months ds weight 20 lbs... and at 9 months, and at 12 months... He just did not gain, and so he evened out into a longer, thinner toddler. I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bezark View Post
DS was born at a totally normal 8lbs 6oz.
At 12 weeks, however, he's 18lbs 5oz.
I worry.

My ds2 was also 18 lbs at 3 months. He was 23 lbs at 6 months. He's now 8 months and about 24 lbs. I'm not sure I understand what you'd be worried about? Is he a healthy guy?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Between 5 lbs 8 oz and 12 lbs. (Iirc. for all of them.)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This makes me feel a lot better.
I was really, really proud of my big healthy boy and my apparently very potent milk (I guess I still am
) until sooo many people started making comments when they found out that no, he's not 7 months old, he's 3 months.
My niece, for example, is only 24 days younger than DS, and she just reached his birth weight. SIL has her on a 4 hour feeding schedule, so that doesn't help, but still...
I've looked at all the charts, and he is well above the 97th percentile on all of them, so I didn't realize there could possibly be other hefty babies like him.
Phew.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahlea View Post
Mine was 20 lbs =) He is 8 months and 30 lbs now.

Holy moly, you should post pics of your chubster! I betcha he is darn cute and very squeezable looking!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Whoa, okay. When I read your post, I was thinking "wait, what is she worried about? Is that a typo, and he's still 8 lbs?"
Obviously your breastfeeding relationship is going well! You have nothing to worry about at all.

My guy was 8#3oz at birth and 16# at 3 months. He was 18#10oz at his 5 month appt. I think the first 3 months or so, breastfed babies really chunk up, but by a year, they tend to be leaner than formula fed babies, IIRC.
It might also be worth checking out the WHO charts - I use those instead of the CDC charts at my ped's office. http://www.who.int/childgrowth/standards/en/

·
Registered
789 Posts
OMG, he's ADORABLE!!!
What is that black diaper he's wearing? I want one! And I love that b&w flower print on the wall behind his daddy!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The black diaper is a Mommy's Touch OS pocket. It's my favorite diaper in our stash.
The tulip print is from IKEA.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
DS was 16 lbs 14 oz at 10 weeks and 22 lbs at 4 mons. He is now 29.5 lbs at 17 mons. No need to worry, especially with a BF baby

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Ds3 was 8#4oz at birth and weighed about 17 lbs by 3 mo., 20 by 4 months and at 9 1/2 months is only about 23 lbs. His growth really slowed after 4 months. Don't worry, babies grow at their own pace!

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
DS was right around 12 lbs, maybe a little less.

ETA: he was 8'13 at birth, but is now in the 3rd percentile wight-wise, and has been for a while.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts