Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just for fun, but I wondered if others are finding that their pregnancy symptoms are different from their last pregnancy(ies) or if they're pretty much the same.

I know it's possible to forget some things in the intervening years, but this time around is definitely different for me: dizzy spells, and much worse morning sickness so far. Fatigue is the same, but I can't help but wonder if all this might indicate it's a girl this time?
winky.gif

·
Registered
56 Posts
The nausea is a little different this time around, at least so far. It seems to get worse in the evening, but overall it hasn't been as bad.

The fatigue is worse than I remember.

Pooping! With my DD, I was constipated. With this pg, smooth movements. Almost too smooth, if you know what I mean. My MW said last pg that often girls = constipation (something about hormones) so I wonder if this one's a boy. It's a little early to make generalizations yet, though...

·
Registered
270 Posts
This pregnancy is definitely different for me. I'm exhausted, don't really remember needing naps or falling asleep at 8 pm with my previous pregnancies. I was always constipated (had two boys) and this time every morning I feel nauseous, have diarrhea and morning sickness for about 4 hours (which is FUN at the office... let me tell you!)
dizzy.gif
. Haven't thrown up yet but have been nauseous and miserable all day long for about a week. I'm still feeling like this baby is a boy, though.

·
Registered
270 Posts
My hair is also ridiculously greasy this time around, and still falling out. I remember not loosing hair with previous pregnancies. Maybe it's too early though? I also had more significant breast changes with this pregnancy. But yuck, I just washed my hair and will totally do so again before bed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
it is making a little nervous how few symptoms I am seeing so far, I actually did another test (very strong bfp) and took my temp again (98.9 hurray!) just to make sure. I was very nauseous the whole first trimester with dd, but so far no nausea with this one (of course it's only week 6, I'm due at the end of Feb). I have had some fatigue and emotional fragility, but that's it! I actually keep forgetting I am pregnant. I think I might feel better if I felt a little worse, kwim? but I am trying to count my blessings.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Aimeebaby-

I'm feeling exactly the same way! (I'm pregnant, right? Cuz I feel pretty good!) I've had a few moments of a little uneasy/queasy, but besides that- I feel great! No nausea. I've been tired and have been sleeping plenty (nap with my daughter), which I think is keeping me feeling well! The only times I didn't feel good was one night I stayed up till 1am, and then in the car, or if I wake up from a nap and haven't eaten.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Oh and I should add, this so far isn't too different from my first pregnancy. Although with her I do remember having severe fatigue- so tired I couldn't get up for work, but I was working then and in full time school- so makes sense why I was exhausted! I had a few food aversions with her too.

So it's different in that I feel better than #1 It's also different in that i've been aware of the pregnancy from conception!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I've had different pregnancies every time.

Whats different:

Nausea since ovulation
Tired, must nap
More stressed in life/More busy
Starving, so so so hungry

What's the same:

Having food aversions, I have more aversions than vomit
And that's about it, but that's the only thing that has remained the same through all pregnancies

·
Registered
164 Posts
last time, i didn't even realize i was pregnant until week 16/17.
whistling.gif
this time, i can tell that something is going on, and a slight bit of queasiness the other day, but otherwise fine. also milk supply seems to still be fine. my little boy is going to be so sad, i'm afraid when that dries up...

·
Registered
251 Posts
My first two were night and day different... both girls. This one is feeling more like #2 (which is FANTASTIC... that was an easy pregnancy!). The main difference I notice is I'm exhausted. The other two I was a little tired 1st trimester and floored 2nd. I'd really prefer having it out of the way early, so I'm cool with the change! Also, I'm popping. I'm in week 5 for crying out loud... my shorts were tight today! I guess the muscles just ain't what they used to be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.