Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*sigh*

There's a good chance that this will be our last child. I've always dreamed of having at least 4 children and now it's looking like we'll become the statistically "perfect" family of one girl and one boy.

I already have very severe diastasis and am at risk for a bowel obstruction, which I'm terrified of having. I had one (surgical complication) as a teen and it nearly killed me. Lost 40 pounds in a week, was in the hospital for 3 weeks and was classified as my body going toxic. If it gets much worse by the time I give birth, abdominal exercises won't help and I'll need surgery to repair it. The surgery would be undone by any following pregnancies.

I know I'm crossing a bridge before I get there (I'm only 21 weeks and change) but my heart is breaking a bit at considering this being my last pregnancy and birth experience.

Has anyone had severe diastasis after birth and been able to repair it with exercises or just put off the surgery without any complications?

·
Registered
621 Posts
While pregnant with DD, I did a class targeted at preventing/repairing diastasis recti. The studio is called SpaBebe and the maestro is Julie Tupler, who is absolutely militant on the diastasis cause. You could try contacting her for advice, and here's a link to her info on the subject with her course on DVD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.