Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1477 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really LOVE the good thread along these lines. It's great to focus on the positive. But at the end of the day, sometimes I want to throw out a complaint or two. I realize that a lot of mamas here have some really BIG, stressful stuff going on. Which makes my piddly complaints feel small sometimes. But I want a place for the piddly complaints too...

Please don't judge me for being a Mrs. Complainey pants. But I've just gotta!

Specifically, I am slowly powering through my evening vitamin regimen before bed, and I HATE it. I take so many pills, and tinctures, and... BAH. I've actually been skipping my before bed snack lately, because by the time I take all those vitamins, and all the liquid to choke them all down, my stomach is full! So vitamins are my piddly complaint for the evening. I guess that vitamin time does give me MDC time, but still... I'm really looking forward to the time when I don't have an evening snack of vitamins/tinctures every day.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

·
Registered
651 Posts

Reactions: Shellia

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Specifically, I am slowly powering through my evening vitamin regimen before bed, and I HATE it. I take so many pills, and tinctures, and... BAH. I've actually been skipping my before bed snack lately, because by the time I take all those vitamins, and all the liquid to choke them all down, my stomach is full! So vitamins are my piddly complaint for the evening. I guess that vitamin time does give me MDC time, but still... I'm really looking forward to the time when I don't have an evening snack of vitamins/tinctures every day.
OMG. I am counting the WEEKS until I can stop with the 13 million supplements a day!! I know postpartum there are a whole slew of new things to worry about and take and do, but I'm so done with the tinctures, pills, and powders!!

I'm so woe is me about no frozen (or otherwise) margaritas this summer. We've been grilling and every time I look at my sad glass of ice water, I wish it was a margarita.

I too wish I could poop and it wasn't such a big deal when it happens. I miss the normalcy of pooping!! LOL!

I also just want to throw out a random whine that my DH is trying to lose weight and get hot for summer. It burns me up. He did this when I was pg with Nora too, and I know he has every single human right to want to look fantastic (and really, who am I to complain??) but man, it is tough that as I grow bigger and more unweildy, and eat yummy food and have 2nds on dinner, he turns it all down and has a protein shake. Or fasts. It makes me feel even more gigantic!!! Yesterday I actually cried b/c I made whole wheat banana pancakes thinking he'd eat at least one, even plain with nothing on it, but no. He refused and went running.
bawling.gif

Reactions: blanquiitaa

·
Registered
179 Posts
My house is driving me CRAZY it's so unorganized and my husband doesn't like my type of reorganizing (which involves getting rid of old jars of nothing, broken candles, pieces of aluminum ["worth money!"], and crappy plastic toys from McDonald's). Ack! I HATE my house!!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristandthekids View Post

Really wish I could poop.
redface.gif
Me too!

I also wish I had more energy to keep up with the toddler running around the house and making a huge mess.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have lots of compaints at this point! I'm almost 29 weeks and starting to feel VERY uncomfortable. So my complaints are, I wish I felt like I was getting enough oxygen, I wish that my back wouldn't hurt after doing the smallest of tasks and I wish I could get one good nights sleep!!!! I am so tired! I just can't sleep anymore. I go to bed around 10pm and then wake up at about 1am or 2am and then can't go back to sleep for hours!! Ahhh, that was nice. Thanks for creating this post!

·
Registered
989 Posts
My complaint this morning is that I am really not in the mood to be a grandmother, but apparently, that is what I'm going to be. I know it sounds petty, but I really wanted to just get to enjoy my little buttercup princess without any other focus in the baby dept. Now, I feel guilty whenever I get anything for MY baby when I know that my 21 year old son and his girlfriend are in a very dire financial situation and will need help. If I had all the cash-ola in the world, it would be fine, but honestly, I DON'T. We can swing OUR baby...but his too? I don't think so. If they'd only waited a few months longer, I could pass things down to them...but, it wasn't about "waiting" ...it was unplanned. Buttercup won't even be out of her clothes before they will probably need them! (And that's only if they have a girl!)....

In addition, my son, as you all may already KNOW, is completely not ready in any way, shape, or form, to be a father. Not a good one anyway.... We met his girlfriend last night, and she was very sweet....I can totally embrace her, and want to be there for her. And...If I'm really honest, I can see that I'll need to be, because I'm not so sure my son CAN.

But boy...it burns me up. I'm wanting to be SELFISH right now. I want to think about MY baby. Not his. I want to care for MY baby. Not his. I want to raise MY baby. Not his.

And yet....life is what it is.

For some reason, my heart keeps crying because it will almost be like my daughter and their child are TWINS...and that just....ouch. Just ouch.

If my son was more emotionally competent. More mentally "there". More....anything. I think I could breathe. But......he's not.

Maybe this will help him look at himself? Maybe this will help him to take responsibility for his mental health? For his brain injury? For ANYthing?

Maybe.

Which leads me to my next gripe. It's raining. blah.

And...I'm emotional.

And.....and....and.....I wish I had a mommy that loved me.

or a daddy.

or a grandma.

At least I've got a sweet husband and some great kiddos at home....I'm luckier than many in that. So, perk up "grandma!" The sun is shining...somewhere else! I'm sure it will make it's way here....sometime around the end of august....

Because...most babies ARE born alive. Most babies are. I need that truth.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have the oppisite problem from most of yall... i wish i could stop pooping. i take naturally calm every night for restless legs, and it makes you poop.... a lot....

i too wish i could sleep and walk without being in pain...

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
EB, I saw that on FB. Just a huge huge HUGE hug to you mama! I have a very good friend on here (catballou) that went through the same thing a while back. She was only ttc though, when her son got pg. It was rreally hard for her, but she was able to keep her cool. She's one rad lady, you should look her up!

My complaint? We're out of half and half. It was bad enough that dh left STALE coffee in the pot, and I had to make fresh (even open a new bag) but then I went to enjoy my daily piece of bliss, and there wasn't any half n half! I was already nervous today, and that didn't help.

And I'm nervous. lol. My next cervical measurement is this afternoon, and I'm PRAYING the hypnobabies I listened to yesterday will help....not sure what will happen if it's shorter or funneled more.

·
Registered
663 Posts
My complaint. My daughter got physical with me YET AGAIN and I ended up in L&D yesterday with cramping - most likely due to all the emotional turmoil, not the actually elbow in the stomach. I had spent the day crying and it just got worse and worse. I am more than a little sad that my eleven year old is out of control and chances are she'll have to be away from us if we want her to get better. I've never even spent a night away from her. I love her so much, but she's a hazard to all of us.

And I keep gaining weight. I'm up to 30lbs at 29 weeks.

And I have a kidney infection they found while in L&D.

Oh, and no I don't want to be on "One Born Every Minute" and looking at those cameras in my face and seeing the signs everywhere makes me feel uneasy!

Pooping daily would be awesome too!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I hate to complain about having a job, but it's sort of a mess. I do home childcare, and it's only profitable when i have 3 kiddos at least 4 days a week. But I'm down to one child for the next 10 weeks. It's as much (almost more!) work to just have one child here, but only 1/3 of the income! And I can't take on anyone new, b/c who'd want to have such short term care?!

At least daycareboy & my son are playing nicely today ... since it's rainy & cold & they are stuck inside.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I wish I could walk without limping and pain. That would be really nice, especially since I'm trying to watch my weight gain.

Other than that, I'm good.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I wish I could breathe without having to think about it. I wish I didn't get out of breath from moving laundry from washer to dryer or stripping the bed. *sigh* I want to get so much done in my house before this baby comes and I don't feel like it's getting there. I am so tired of doing it by myself.

I have a friend who I used to be closed to that would have helped but she is mad at me and refusing to even speak with me and that is hurting me and stressing me out when I Least need it. In her defense I hurt her very badly but I have apologized and apologized and I'm not sure what else I can do if she won't even speak to me.

. My other good friend just got her license and a job so she can't help me like I really need. And my poor hubby works all day and lately late so he can afford me not working (which is awesome) but I need support and help more than anything.

I'm seriously happy to be pregnant I really am! I'm so thrilled about this baby and the changes that will happen in my life after it's here. I just feel like I don't have enough time.

:) I feel a little better now.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenyostdc View Post

I have lots of compaints at this point! I'm almost 29 weeks and starting to feel VERY uncomfortable. So my complaints are, I wish I felt like I was getting enough oxygen, I wish that my back wouldn't hurt after doing the smallest of tasks and I wish I could get one good nights sleep!!!! I am so tired! I just can't sleep anymore. I go to bed around 10pm and then wake up at about 1am or 2am and then can't go back to sleep for hours!! Ahhh, that was nice. Thanks for creating this post!
I have finally figured out how to sleep. I'll share in case it might help you because OMG it was awful!

I sleep on the couch with a pillow under my head and then one under my ribs/belly. And then with either my body pillow or a big cushion for my knees and a pillow to hug. On the couch I can prop my hip up on the back and veeery nearly sleep on my back. Plus, I can use the back of the couch to help roll myself over. It's working great.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
EB: My first thought (because I'm on your side, I don't know him) was "wow, don't you know how to use birth control?" Because that was what he charmingly said to you ;) Not very nice but gah!

Jilly: I really hope things have helped! We're all rooting for you!

ASM... My only complaint is my knees. They hurt. Not all the time, but when I have to get up from things - like doing laundry or feeding the cat or if I squat to pick things up.

Well. And the constant numbness in my hands and arms, but I'm getting used to that and it will go away when my blood volume returns to normal.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for this thread! I am not normally a complainer, but I have a feeling this will feel really good!

I'm tired of contractions all the time.

I don't like going to the hospital and getting shot up with all kinds of meds. that make me feel awful to stop the contractions.

I don't like that I have to leave my family when I spend a night in L&D.

I don't like being on bedrest and not able to do the things a mom is supposed to be doing for her children.

I'm discouraged that I'm only 27 weeks and it seems like the contractions are picking up to what they usually do when I'm 32 - 33 weeks.

I have so much to do before this baby comes and for some reason I've been in denial that it is going so fast, so I have done NOTHING.

It's hard to sleep.

My bum hurts and itches from these weekly progesterone shots and I catch myself scratching it in front of people which really makes me feel so not classy.

Whew! That does feel good!!!

Now I can look a little at the positive. I have a wonderful husband and children who do everything they can to help me out. I have friends who call or email and ask what they can do to help out.

But, most importantly, this little guy/girl will be worth every moment of every pain and every frustration and I wouldn't change it for the world!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Gahh! I feel so bad for everyone. Lifes hard to handle when you're pregnant. lol

As for me... I'm pretty sure I have bronchitis. :( I never get sick but when I do it lasts forever. I'm debating going to the doctor, because I'm not positive that's what it is but a friend of mine has it. I reallly don't wanna be sick. I had such a good weekend and then I woke up feeling like death AND my shower is this weekend. I was just starting to get excited about it!

I can't sleep... I flip from side to side all night which is getting harder to do. PLUS I always get really bad heartburn right when I'm trying to sleep. UGH. :mad:

Also me and my LO are going to be sharing a room until I can afford to move out again. My mom decided to store some of her stuff in there until she gets the garage cleaned out and my room is starting to get overwhelming. I don't mean little things either... like our old dining room table, a couple chairs, and allll her craft stuff. So I'm trying not to be impatient because it's her house but it'd be reallly nice if it was all out of there so I could start getting the babies stuff set up and organized.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I hate my job.

Aside from that, DH is being a butt about helping me get the nursery ready. The room we are turning into the nursery was my office when I worked from home and it also served as a general storage room for our stuff (aka...crap) that we didn't have a place for anywhere else. Now, we are having to find a place for all that stuff and it seems like DH isn't interested in helping at all. When I finally snapped at him last night about it he said "well, I don't know what you want me to do about it. I'll just go in there and throw it all away if you want"...

Really??? That's his answer? I spent weeks trying to get him to decide what we are going to do with his $%&^#@% Star Wars lego constructions that he HAS to keep together and out of reach of the kiddos, but won't make room for in his side of the closet. They have been on the top shelf in the closet of the nursery, which we had to remove so we could install the closet organizer that we bought for that room. Finally I just moved them myself and I really don't care if he is happy with where they are.

He was basically just being an ass while I was working my butt off to try and make even a little progress in the right direction. Finally, this morning, he apologized for acting like such a jerk all weekend, but I don't believe for one second that he will be acting any differently about helping me with that room. He's generally a great guy. Very supportive, helps with housework, is great with DS, etc. For some reason, he is just not interested in helping me make this baby's arrival into the world as special as we made DS's.
irked.gif

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Sorry to hear about all your stresses... both big and small!

My petty-yet-annoying complaint is that my hips hurt so bad at night that it's hard to sleep. Thankfully it's only when I'm sleeping, and goes away about an hour after I wake up. I'm going to start going to prenatal yoga tonight and I'm looking into going to a chiro too. I hope it helps!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ahh, it feels good to get some of this out - totally therapeutic I think. :D

Allergies are officially kicking my a**. I have taken claritin or zyrtec for years and I haven't had any luck with any home remedies so far. The stuffy sinuses gives me a headache and then moves into my throat and chest and I end up coughing and gagging like I have a cold constantly! I guess I'll talk to the midwife tomorrow when I go in for the lovely glucose test.

Also, my home is so messy! I haven't done the dishes in a week and I desperately need to start cleaning up! I am desperately seeking some motivation.

And, I just realized that I am going to be needing to get a decent breast pump because I am going to have to go back to work full-time, and those suckers are SO expensive! I did find out today that as long as I get a Medela one, then I can get one used and they'll (the hospital prenatal nurse that does the home visit after the birth, I am not sure her position exactly) give me free new, clean parts for it! So, it is only an unexpected $150 instead of $250 from what I have been seeing on craigslist.

It is nice to know I am not alone in the complaining department. It is raining here too and it is freezing cold! After three weeks with the heat off, I gave in and called the landlord today and asked him to turn the heat back on. (I toughed it out for a while though in the cold.)

Lastly, I really dislike being so emotional. I catch myself taking everything personally, and it is like I can not get perspective anymore. It makes normal life so much more challenging to react to every little thing.

But, I am starting to really get excited about the pregnancy and mostly about the baby!! I can't wait to meet her. Its pretty fun now that I can feel her. At the same time, I am 27 weeks and 6 days, so, this pregnancy is going by so fast which is sad, scarey and, mostly, exciting! :p

Peace and love, Katie

1 - 20 of 1477 Posts