1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
What about morning glories?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I also love the look of mornng glories, however, at the end of the season the seed pods are copious and will self seed *everywhere* the next year. If that is not a problem for you, then go for it - they are very easy to grow. Another favorite is trumpet vine. I've not had good luck growing it from seed, but it does grow quickly and is drought tolant too.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by joy2grow View Post
I also love the look of mornng glories, however, at the end of the season the seed pods are copious and will self seed *everywhere* the next year.
We have relatively cold winters (zone 5) here and some seeds will survive, but it has never been a problem for us.

I like the idea with beans - some of them have beautiful flowers and colorful fruit.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Can I suggest looking for something native to your region? Many ornamental nonnative vines can be very invasive into wild areas--wisteria for sure, some clematis, and I believe some morning glories.

We have passionflowers on our back fence and they are gorgeous, but they do spread (they are native but it's a lot of random plants to pull up).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.