Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>xposted in infertility: DH's SA was average to above average in all areas-count and motility were normal (normal count 20million and DH's was 93million), motility 69% BUT Morphology was 6%. (for fertility it must be higher than 4% but 6% is considered borderline and poor. We really don't want to venture into the world of IUI and IVF. We conceived our first child 5years ago without any problems on the 2nd month of trying. Can supplements, vitamins, herbs, chinese medicine help? Not sure where to go from here.</p>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<p>That does not sound like a bad SA result to me. I don't see why IUI or IVF would be needed. I got pregnant and DH has a MUCH worse SA. Really bad everything.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You could try Fertilaid, COQ10, pumpkin seed oil, Omega 3-6-9, L-arginine, and improving general healthfulness, such as quitting smoking, if he smokes. DH quit smoking pot, and takes a lot of supplements, and his SA improved in 3 months (although he had a lot more room for improvement).</p>

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
As a former andrologist, I can tell you that that's a pretty good number for a lot of patients I saw that went on to conceive just fine. rcr has some good advice for changes to make. IVF would definitely be overkill from what you have stated. Is that an average or just from one sample? How long had it been from that sample to the last time he had ejaculated? The NPs I worked with recommended 2 days (and that includes ALL forms of relief-not just sex with you) as optimal to conceive with the best morphology.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts