Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/shawn-hubler/article21448530.html

I tried to post a comment to this inflammatory hate piece from the Sacramento Bee. But since Disqus rarely works for me, I'll just share it here:

This article shows that it is actually the bill's supporters who are losing credibility. One version of the strawman fallacy is to take the claims or actions of a couple of fanatics and pretend that that they represent an entire movement. For example: "One group has actual credibility to lose; the other has compared kindergarten immunizations with the Holocaust and the bill’s authors with Hitler."

Two eccentric demonstrators showed up at the Democratic Convention violating Godwin's Law. The remaining 998+ did not; they were kind-hearted, mostly middle class California families fighting for their commonsense, fundamental human rights to medical decision-making and informed consent.

Counterintuitively, however, I'm glad to see the vaccine coercionists resort to playing dirty with the sensationalism. It exposes SB277 for the hateful, fearful, and irrational piece of legislation that it is.
News reporting has hit rock bottom quality these days. Most of what I read is no better than those alien abduction articles that you used to see at grocery store check stands.

I'd love to spend more time deconstructing this article, but I'd like to keep a healthy blood pressure while I'm still sort of young.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Are y'all familiar with Michael Moore's brilliant doc, Sicko?

If so, hopefully you'll appreciate my line:

Jonas Salk rolls over in his grave while paul offit patents the sun.

How decrepit, and sick, and twisted are we, as a culture of people, that the "public good" has to be carried on the backs of two-yr olds?!!!!!!

If it's any consolation Turquesa, my BP is soaring too!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
If Pan and Allen get to write into law that my babies have to prove that they've been injected with something before they can get an education then i should have the right to demand their titers.

They should have to prove that they are immune!

Ignorant, greedy, arrogant BASTARDS!

Sorry, i know profanity is not allowed. Will edit if need b.

If not needed then i say again BASTARDS!!!!!! >:D

ETA We don't live in CA, I'm just being dramatic. Thx for putting up with my drama.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I think the real issue is that about 97.5% of the state vaccinates without question so most of the pro side (by this I mean the rational people and not the lobbies) really doesn't care as it's not perceived to impact them.

So in reality it's a fight of the people with the money against the common people this bill impacts. It reminds me a lot of what happened with the GMO bill and how the GMA was able to completely confuse people into voting against labeling.

·
Registered
18,825 Posts
And yet, most people don't get that sooner, rather than later, there will be a vaccine they don't want to accept without question (Gardasil raises concerns for a lot of pro-vaccine people) and then this law will totally screw them.

Short-sighted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts