Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So although I am a SAHM, I will be taking on some part time shifts come October for my job with the Coroner's Office...it is the perfect job really, I get 8-hour shifts at home with a pager, and only have to go out if I get a call, which can last anywhere from 1 hour to about 3 hours. My fiance will be home with the baby any time I take shifts. Obviously I will have to pump so he can feed her, and I bought some bottles today, but I am just so sad over this! I am afraid she won't want me anymore and will have difficulty with the breast afterwards, or simply prefer the bottle.

Anyone feel the same? It isn't like she will be bottle fed every day- I only work weekend shifts and some midnight shifts, and that is if I even get a call (50% of the time I don't). Just looking for some support I guess

· Registered
851 Posts
Ds #1 always preferred breast (mama) to bottle, ds#2 was in the NICU and did fine with bottle for 6 days at night. I wouldn't worry but hugs to you because it makes me sad that I can't feed him all the time!

· Registered
106 Posts
I cried the day dd had her first bottle of expressed breastmilk, so I can understand how you feel. I have to say though that working hasn't diminished our relationship- she tolerates the bottle while I am at work but latches on to me the second I walk in the door. I spend most of the evening and night nursing.

· Registered
435 Posts
I totally understand. I just posted about being walked in on while pumping at work. Very embarrassing! BUT, I was worried before hand and have found that she drinks from her bottle during the day and then nurses from me almost all evening and through the night. It's hard facing that change. I understand your feelings and am sure once you face it, you'll be fine. Just remember, you'll always be the momma and babies looooovvve their mommas!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.