Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow will be the first time Maya has ever not been with me to nurse to sleep during the day for her nap. I've even hauled out my pump (never really used it before) since I'll be gone from early in the morning until almost 5 o'clock. I just can't stand it.

She'll be with her daddy all morning and her sitter comes at 2. I think I'll leave my meeting to come back early. It just breaks my heart to think of her not being able to nurse to sleep for her nap.

It feels so terrible. I hate this. I hate this.

Why do I still go?

Well, this is a training for my work that will make my work much, much more profitable. The networking opportunities will be outstanding. And, ultimately, I know Maya will be okay.

She's 28 months old, but, to me, it's not that she's "old enough" but it's more that it's just one day. I'm trying to tell myself it's just one day and she'll have me back on Tuesday (Monday evening, but, for nursing for naps, Tuesday).

Tell me about a time you had to not be there when your nursling needed you. It just feels horrible.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
she'll most likely be ok! the one time that i wasn't there to put ds to sleep at night he was just fine and that was when he was around 18 months old. at 28 months she'll understand!! don't worry!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.