Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ds#2 is nearly 3 wks old and since i'd planned to introduce the bottle at 4-4.5 wks that time is rapidly approaching.

but....i dont wanna!!!!!!!

things are going well...except my overactive letdown...i wish i didnt have to work...didnt have to intro bottle.

i wish i lived in canada or uk to get a lot more than 6wks of leave.

this is pretty much a *poor me* post...i'm just glad i'm producing ok for the pump so i dont have to give him formula.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Oh you poor thing!
: And having plenty of milk is just the irony of it all isnt it

Being a SAHM sure has its downs, but thats the one thing I like, being able to b/f.
I really feel for you.

Its great though that you can continue to give your little one breastmilk.

All the best.

·
Registered
9,299 Posts

I know, it's no fun. At the same time, thank goodness for having a good supply and pumping easily, huh? I have OAL too - but that is good when pumping, man, I have spraying letdown for a good 5+ minutes...which means fast pumping too.
It sucks going back to work, but be proud you are still giving breastmilk. I am sure your DS will be thinking of you as he drinks it.

·
Registered
762 Posts

I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I had to go back to work when my little man was 7 weeks and I hated it. I miss him so much when I am gone but it's so great to come home to his smiling face and nurse him. If you can, get whoever is keeping the baby to bring your little one to you for a feeding. I am lucky enough to live 10 minutes from where I work and also I am able to take lunch when I want to so I would just have his daddy bring him to me when he was ready to eat and I would take my lunch to feed him. I know some women aren't able to do that with there jobs, but if you can that helps a lot. As far as the bottle goes, if your little one is nursing well and has no problems you should be fine and you may want to have someone else give it to him because a lot of bf babies won't take a bottle from mom. I know you didn't ask for advice but I just thought this info may help because it made going back to work much easier if I was able to see him in the meantime. Good luck and lots of love from one working mom to another.

Proud Mommy to Jaryn 4-16-06 :2bfbabe:

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Just wanted to sneak one more hug in there...

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx girls...

i have to put them in daycare so thats not an option. stbx and i agreed i'd be a sahm until j was 6 mos. but he didnt like not having any $$ for himself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts