Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Ever get sad waves?  I try to stay rather upbeat about TTC- there are so many people with sadder stories I don't feel justified I guess- well most days- and sometimes I have acute sad times- like temp drop or AF starts- but today.  I'm just sitting in the living room.  Surfing the web a bit waiting for DH to get home..all is well.  we are safe and fed and warm...but then I thought about summer and vacation time...and how I very much thought last summer that this next summer (12) we'd have a babe in tow...and I just get literaly a sinking heart.  I just felt it sink...and thought for a moment...I can't survive- then of course I can, but it's just sad deep to my bones. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone else...?....and what do you do to smack the feelings down...or redirect?  I know it's not good to supress feelings and I'm all for a good cry- or rant- but this is somehow different. </p>

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
<p>Sherry, I too have waves such as yours.  I have been TTC since April 2011 and thought by now my husband and I would have a baby.  Lots of friends who started at about the time we did are having babies this year and it is hard to think how long it will take us to be in the same boat.  I am focused on keeping a positive attitude and resisting, "when are you going to have a baby?" questions that keep coming.  I don't really need them to know we are putting in a lot of effort to have sperm meet egg but no positive result from the efforts.  I figure it will happen eventually but I don't know when.  I won't let that unknown ruin my today.  I hope you can find something positive to focus on even when you have to have a few "sad wave" days.</p>

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
<p>Hugs to you, sherry.</p>

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<p>Thanks!</p>
<p>LVI- sad days yes- but I'm afraid it's creeping into who I am- YIKES!! sad cells invading.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Chrissy!!! you're still here!! You are one of the things that gives me hope- L tube closed- as is mine- your BFP was great!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Aw. Yea I'm still here. Lol I've been stalking you waiting for news. I'm sorry you have such sad days.<br><br>
I feel sad more when my cycle starts then at any other time but I tell myself I had a 50% chance of that month working. Sometimes thinking like that makes things a bit better but other times, not so much.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<p>awww I'm glad you've been stalking me.  I stalked you before too- haha.  Yes! I do try to keep that "thank God one side is open" glass half full attitude.  I just don't want this process to make 'sad' a part of who I am day-to-day. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>RE appt was great- just waiting to O a nice big one on the RIGHT SIDE- yay!  I hope to join you soon on the other side.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your posts.</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts