Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im 27 in 6 days and been trying a yr i have had it rough i was raped 4 yrs ago and think the abortion is too blame me not managing to concieve now its breaking my heart my partner thinks it is him and i think its me we are in a right pickle we are falling apart has anyone else had too go though a heart breaking abortion then managed too concieve, it seems everyone around me has managed too get thier little miracles i want ors baby dust too alll xxxxx
stillheart.gif

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am sorry that I don't have an experience to share with you.. But I wanted to
hug2.gif
you! You have been through a lot and I'm sure that things will work out for you in the end. Just keep your chin up!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Please don't blame yourself or feel guilty--an abortion is likely NOT responsible for any fertility issues, especially not if it was a chemical abortion. You can consult with your doctor just to be sure that there are no related issues, but in all likelihood your previous abortion has not caused any permanent repercussions for TTC.

Here is a link with some very basic info:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/abortion/AN00633

Hugs, and good luck to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you both just made me cry thanks for your support the doc said it was unlikly when first decided to ttc but its always in back off my mind its so hard too live with it was surgicaly removed will check out the link thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about the ordeal you had to go through. Although I don't know if abortion can affect future pregnancies, emotional stress has a lot of effect on ovulation. Staying calm is very important, and give yourself a tight hug for enduring everything. I am sure things will work out for you. As someone said, the baby will come when its the baby's time. Do whatever you can to help you get pregnant, but leave the result up to some higher power. Wishing you lots of luck!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thats a horrible thing to have to go through, I'm so sorry you've had a hard time. I agree on the stress being a factor and would definetely recomend getting some help. I know a bunch of people that have had luck with acupuncture. I wasn't having much luck until I started charting my basal body temps, then I got pregnant on the first try actually in the range. Turns out I ovulate really late,cycle date 18. My problem isn't conception, its hosting a healthy baby as i have miscarried twice. I'm going to try acupuncture to see if that does anything for me. Also, I haven't read it personally, but everyone on this forum and their dog recomends the book "taking charge of your fertility"

Good luck, and remember that the tempurature spike indicates ovulation has already occurred, so you need to time baby dances for before that time.

Hugs.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconLover View Post

... everyone on this forum and their dog recomends the book "taking charge of your fertility"

Yep! An awesome book packed full of empowering information. I highly recommend it and charting. Also
hug2.gif
for everything you've been through and are going through now. There is a separate forum for Surviving Abuse where you could post as well to get some further support and advice. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.