Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a thing? We moved to a new house and we have loads of 'stink' bugs ("kissing bugs"). Apparently, the cold winters don't kill them off, and they're all over the inside (and outside) of the house. I'm afraid to call an exterminator because I don't want to breathe in something that kills bugs... but from what I've read, these bugs carry all sorts of diseases, and like to bite people with their 'stinger' - though it's supposed to be painless (now that's comforting...) So far, no bites, but they love appearing in the worst places - like next to the toilet, or on the floor next to the bed! EEK!! I'd rather have bats in the attic to eat them!<br><br>
thanks!<br>
susan

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
You can vacuum them up, and maybe reduce the humidity in your house.<br><br>
Another option is boric acid, which might take care of them.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you know what's funny - the humidity is so low in our house - it's reading between 10 and 12% on our humidistat... the floor boards keep separating... and my skin is going bananas being so dry!<br><br>
what would we do with the boric acid? spray them? or spray around the house?<br><br>
thanks!!<br>
susan

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you have kids you might not want to sprinkle things but diatomateous earth might work, you should be able to get it at any garden center. Also try hot pepper or neem or garlic spray. It might also be time to re-caulk the house, sometimes they come in becasue they can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts