Mothering Forum banner

Safe lubricants?

611 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  zoe398
Does anyone know of any safe (preferably organic) lubricants? Dh and I have been using ky (sorry if tmi) due to me being too dry from being pg and I know it's got to be awful stuff on the body no matter how many docs promote it. I keep researching to find a safe alternative but it seems almost all of them have grapefruit seed extract or parabens or something else that I wouldn't want in them. Does anyone recommend any alternatives to ky?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Olive oil, aloe, vit E
i use Sensua Organics i can get it at local organic grocery stores i think i have even seen it in walgreens and longs
Quote:

Originally Posted by hypnohobbit
coconut oil- i get it at $0.17 oz

Yup - coconut oil here too. We get the extra virgin (kind of funny if you think about it!
) and it smells really nice too (can't stand the smell of ky and such). Plus the uses are endless beyond a really nice lubricant.
See less See more
Another vote for coconut oil (organic, of course!). I buy it at the health food store and it comes in a jar solid, but melts almost instantly when it gets warm. It smells great and tastes great, too!
(A plus for this purpose)
See less See more
Coconut oil melts at 76 deg. It's also antifungal.
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonfroggy
i use Sensua Organics i can get it at local organic grocery stores i think i have even seen it in walgreens and longs
I didn't want to try the Sensua organics because it contains grapefruit seed extract which I've researched to not be good for your body. Here's an article on it:http://www.terressentials.com/truthaboutgse.html
comfrey oil. you do make this yourself, though.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.