Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think DS's eczema has gotten infected again. Last two times it had staph, we gave him abx, but I am through with doing that. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Baths with vinegar in them. I know some people have done bleach, but that's kind of scary to me. Let it air dry as much as much as possible. Even something topical (neosporin or something like that) would be better than a whole system antibiotic.

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
I use distilled water in a bottle with just a few drops of TTO. Our last allergist told us to do the bleach thing too (like 1-2 T. in a full bathtub), but I've never tried it either. But if it was infected enough, I would try it before abx. But the TTO works pretty well for us.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips. I used TTO once in the wash and broke out all over my body...felt hot and itchy...so don't know if I'm allergic? I've heard of that, though. I'll try the vinegar tonight.

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Can you have sodium ascorbate? SA has been shown to work well in curing staph infections. Best way is actually IV, which you probably won't want/be able to do. <a href="http://www.livonlabs.com/" target="_blank">Liposomal vitamin C</a> may be an option, but again, I don't know if this would work. Oh, you can apply SA topically in a non-allergenic medium too.

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
When DD2 had her "folliculitis" that they thought was staph, they said Neosporin topically might help (it didn't, but that's another story).

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
I had a nasty staph infection on my breast that spread into my ductal tissue that was cleared in under 12 hours with a homeopathic remedy. You'd need a practitioner, but it worked like magic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts