Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a safe stepstool for my DD to use in the kitchen and also at the bathroom sinks to brush her teeth and wash her hands. I have seen the Learning Tower but it seems so big to have in my kitchen all the time, plus I don't want to buy a second one (at that price) for the upstairs bathroom. I definately need something safe though, we just have a plastic stepstool now and it slides out from under her. Any suggestions? Anything similar to the learning tower but smaller or less expensive?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hi there- I think the Learning Tower is cool, too, but it's WAY too big for our home, and I've never seen a smaller version of it.<br><br>
We have 3 different stepstools that all work well for different places/purposes. All are very portable/hide-able.<br><br>
1) Standard Cosco brand 2-step folding stool from Home Depot (or someplace like that). This one works well in the kitchen, when DS (24 mos.) is "helping" us wash dishes or cook.<br><br>
2) Plain, heavy, wooden 1-step stool from Target. It's about 9-12 inches high. Works well as a seat for DS to perch at the coffee table, or also in the kitchen. It doesn't slip b/c it's pretty heavy.<br><br>
3) Lightweight plastic Kids II stool from Target. It's about 6 inches high and has a non-skid bottom. Small in size and great for DS to use in the bathroom and for playing at his easel, whose top is several inches out of DS's natural reach.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts