Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I
you car seat junkies

I'm looking for a convertible to keep @ my aunt's house out of town, for my kids & my cousin's kids to use while they are lap children on a plane (once we are buying them seats we will byo car seat, so it only needs to last the kids until they are 2).

I know the Scenera can be a pita to install RF, so am looking for something that will be an easier RF install... don't want to spend more than $90 or so.

I've seen the Safety 1st Avenue/Uptown recommended here, but Costco also has the Alpha Omega Elite right now for $95 (is this a good deal) & would be willing to spend an extra $20 or whatever for a better seat.

Any advice? TIA

· Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
I would get the Avenue over the AOE. They are all Dorel seats, so they install is about the same on all of them, unfortunately. Just plan on taking a towel with you in your luggage to install it.
Ah, as is the Scenera, right (Dorel)? So do you see any advantage in the Avenue over the Scenera for short term use (I know there's less padding on the Scenera)

· Registered
6,300 Posts
It also doesn't have the dumb base on the bottom that makes it a pitb to install. We have Avenues right now as our main seats.

· Registered
1 Posts
Infant car seats, toddler car seats, convertible car seats and child booster seats are manufactured by over twenty companies. The most popular of these companies are Britax, Peg Perego, Graco, Evenflo car seats, BabyTrend, Safety 1st, Chicco, Compass and Cosco. Child car seat prices range from $50 to over $300 depending on the manufacturer and feature set. Keep in mind that expensive doesn't always mean better. Some of the cheaper seats perform just as well as the top models.

· Registered
3,638 Posts
The link doesn't work for me, but I am pretty sure that Costco sells the 40# Alpha Omega Eliite. I like the Avenue much much better, but would probably get the AOE if it was the 50# model (which, agaih, I don't think it is).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.