Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told the other day by a friend of a friend that safflower oil should be ingested regularily to help with eczema. Has anyone else ever heard of this as treatment? My ds1 has been suffering from bad eczema since he was 18 months old. I've never used it before. Any suggestions/ideas/thoughts would be great!!

· Registered
5,348 Posts
I don't know what it could be as far as treatment. One thing that comes to mind though is it's not from CORN which is a big eczema trigger. I use coconut oil. A diet rich in omega fats is good for eczema, like fish oil, flax oil etc.

As well as keeping away from any food triggers. It doesn't mean there's an "allergy" exactly, but certain foods can be a trigger for the skin. I keep DD away from corn, eggs, strawberries, cucumbers and some nuts. She can have a little of one on one day, but not too much and not if she's alreayd dealing with seasonal allergies. You have to figure out what triggers the rash and keep away from it.

Warm soothing bathes and a good rub down with coconut oil is good too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.