Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ladies,
The hubby and I have been looking for a semi-affordable option to replace our mattress with a chemical-free, organic one for some time. Ever since we learned about all the toxic chemicals that commercially produced mattresses are off-gassing into our home we've been searching and searching for an option we can afford. Now that we're expecting our little Cub (DH's nickname for the babe), we've been on the hunt for both the family mattress (because let's be real, it won't be just DH and I on there once the baby gets here), as well as a crib mattress for naps, etc. Most crib mattresses I found are $350-700 for organic ones, and don't even get me started on the thousands you can fork over for a queen mattress.
So I happened to pop over to the website of a store based in CA called The Futon Shop that I've looked at previously, and they are having a Grand Opening of a new store and offering 50%-60% off ALL Mattresses and accessories this week only, until 1/19/15. Woohoo! I called and spoke with Chris (his number is 707-578-4242), their customer service was excellent and he answered all the questions I had and discounted the shipping for me. They make all of the mattresses themselves in SF area, and source a lot of their materials from the US, emphasizing organic/fair trade items.
So we just purchased a Queen mattress for the family bed, and a Organic Cotton crib mattress for the baby (All for less than $850, before shipping! He also cut me a deal and reduced the shipping since we were buying so many things together). He also is having them custom-sew for us an Organic Mattress Pad for the Queen mattress that's made out of the same material as their Crib Mattress covers are, so that it's waterproof/washable/removable since the babe will be on there a lot.
I am SOOO excited and feel so blessed that I peeked back at their site this week when they are having this sale. I have searched high and low at stores across the US and this is by far the best deal I've found, so I was totally comfortable jumping on this quickly to purchase them. It's the most expensive purchase we'll make in preparation for the baby, but considering the number of hours they spend sleeping, I think it's well worth the peace of mind.
I wanted to share this on our DDC in case anyone else has also been searching for a baby/family mattress on a budget. I don't have any affiliation with the company whatsoever, I just wanted to share a great deal that's only around for a few more days! :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention, I don't live in CA, so the mattresses are being shipped to me. But whether picking up in-person or if you live out of state, the sale prices still apply! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts