Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>My doctor suggested I have a Saline Sonohystoram, but after reading the different and sometimes painful experiences (and some developing infections after), I think I want  to wait a few months before going ahead with one.  Anyone have any experience with it?  thanks!</p>

·
Registered
171 Posts
<p>I had an HSG, is that the same thing?  Mine had dye, so I guess not really.  But for me, the procedure itself was not painful at all.  That day is just had mild cramping and I think that I overdid it, (like I planted a tree by myself, probably not a good move), so I did have some major cramping the next day and spotting for several days.  I was worried about an infection, but my Dr. said what I was experiencing was "normal". </p>
<p>I did not have any blockage, and I have heard that if you do, it is a more panful experience. </p>

·
Registered
257 Posts
<p>I had one. It was over quickly, but it did hurt a fair bit--lots of cramping, like bad AF cramps, and some pinching feelings in the cervix. It took a day to fully subside, but it gradually improved throughout the day. I had no lasting effects whatsoever, unless you count the fact that I firmly believe the procedure dislodged some scar tissue so I finally could have AF again.</p>
<p>My only issue with the procedure, really, was that you don't find out a whole heck of a lot...the SIS seems to give a lot more useful information.</p>

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
<p>I had one too.  I had some pretty bad cramps while the catheter was in the cervix, but they got much much better after it was taken out (it is only in for a few minutes), and went away completely within the hour.  I had a tiny bit of spotting afterward.  It was not a big deal at all for me.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts