Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has used Sally Avenson as their midwife.<br>
I'm looking for a CNM to assist in delivering my twins and she was recommended.<br>
If anyone has had the opportunity to work with her I'd love to hear about your experience. Would you recommend her? Where did you deliver? Would you change anything?<br>
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a friend who used Sally for both of her births - one at a birth center, one at home. She has been very happy with Sally. I know other folks who are put off by her brusque and busy style. Lots of different opinions on this board. Must be someone on here who has actually delivered with her...?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had my first baby with her at group health. Ended up in a c section. She insisted I be induced at 42 weeks. I just didnt know better at the time and agreed. The induction didn't go well and she didn't do a whole lot for me. In fact she wasn't even there most of the time, her student was. I think with a different midwife I probably could have avoided the c section all together. I do know many people like her, but she did not work out for me..

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've not been a client of hers, but a couple that I doula'd for recently had a previous birth with her at a birth center in Seattle and really liked her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts