Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a doula (free or close to it) in the san diego area to help a friend with the upcoming birth of her twins. This friend stood by my side for 19 hrs of natural labor and stood with a friend of ours for over 24 hours, and I want to make sure she is taken care of properly.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Me!! I am a Doula who is almost finished with my ALACE certification. I am also a volunteer Hearts & Hands Doula at UCSD and I live in San Diego County. email me at [email protected]. I am not charging for my certifying births and even if her birth is after I am certified (Should be final by January) I would be happy to do it free of charge. Hope I can help!

Marilyn Roper

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Looking for San Diego doula and midwife resources too

I am due in June, and am trying to read up on homebirth before I start actually choosing a midwife.

Does anyone know of the HBAC climate in San Diego?

Oh and Hi Marilyn, I recognize you from our PMs about vbac!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Thanks, I will go take a look...

Amy

Just browsed her website.. She has a warm smile!

Will look into childbirth classes with her...

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hi Amy! I second Barb Herrera...looove her! I think Hbac climate is good here as far as great midwives, etc...OB backup is a difficult situation though...let us know how it goes!!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I have a while as I am due early June. When do most patients find a homebirth midwife and doula? This early, or should I wait several months?
: I don't even know where to start. I'm only halfway through Spiritual Midwifery and have more books on the way, I think I should finish them first to be in the right place
Is there a "gathering" of homebirth practicioners where I can meet several midwifes and doulas at once?

I'd like to find someone sensitive to my past c-section that can help me heal and believe in my potential for homebirthing

Insurance is another concern. Do you know of clients that have had success getting their homebirths paid for?

·
Registered
717 Posts
I don't know about the insurance thing, sorry! But Barb works with Ama Mama and I think they have a meet the midwives or something, you could also check out the Birth Resource Network and San Diego BORN. I'll see if I can get the website links for ya
I would definately get your HB midwife now for prenatal care. you'll get much better care that way. You could wait awhile on the doula, but with the vbac, start a little early and interview several doulas so you can find the right one for you...If you wanted to meet several midwives and doulas, you could attend a CAM (California Association of Midwives) meeting. The meeting will not really be focused on birth, it will be about the projects CAM is working on, but you might get a chance to talk with some people afterwards. Email me if you ever want to talk! My email addy is [email protected] It sounds like you are going to do awesome, congratulations!

·
Registered
717 Posts
By the way, it was funny to see this thread pop back up, since I assisted with this birth (the twins) last November (It was awesome!)! Funny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.