Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My insurance is kind of limited in the midwives they will cover (only nurse midwives), so I'm searching for references. I've seen midwife at the family clinic I've been at for 11 years, but they don't do homebirths. (I'm open to hospital though.) If there are other midwives you can recommend in the nearby area as well, I'll look them up too and see if they're on the network. The Taos birthing center is, but that seems a bit far. Thanks!

·
Registered
489 Posts
i actually had my baby here in the hospital, i wanted home birth initially, but for various reasons it ended up to be in the hospital. i had a doula though who knows ALL the midwives in this area, if you want, you can pm me and ill give you her contact info. she was great, and she said if i ever want homebirth she'll help me to pick out one that would be best for us, so im sure she'll help you.<br>
p.s. i too absolutely loooved taos birthing center, but my son was born in february and because of the combination of distance and ppossible weather complications we opted not to go there... i wish we could have though!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts