Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used this for eczema?

MIL sent two small vials of a lotion labeled "zarzaparilla" from chile and overnight max's skin is sooo much better. his face is back to it's normal color
: and there's significant improvement everywhere. he's less itchy and sleeping better.

it's supposed to help purify the blood. it seems too good to be true, are there contraindications to using it with infants?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Hey!

I did a little searching around and couldn't find anything to suggest it would be harmful. Couldn't even find what it's related to. But, it sounds like a very interesting herb...it is used for eczema (though usually b/c of tradition, not b/c of scientific or medical evidence. Personally, though, I'm not real enthralled with scientific or medical evidence.) It is used to detoxify the liver, to fight certain cancers, and as a sexual tonic. Apparently, it is possibly the most powerful female aphrodisiac
:

Remember, too, that you have just eliminated more food from your diet, so the dramatic improvement could be the lotion, the elimination diet or some combination of both.

Hmm...I might have to find me some sarsaparilla.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't had much luck googling it, but found the same about the aphrodisiac properties. The liver detox intrigues me too because I've been wondering lately if Max's eczema is related to his liver. He had a hematoma at birth (vaginal, no interventions) that took three weeks to go away and during that time got pretty jaundiced. Then recent;y someone mentioned an article linking eczema to the liver so I've been thinking maybe his liver is a little slow. I haven't seen that article yet, but I'm very interested as to what it says.

just for fun, here are 2 photos so you can see the difference

2 weeks ago, on a 'good' day
today
it's improved even more since I took that picture this morning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.