Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, a friend gave me some gently used items and the safety comment in the Moses Basket thread reminded me...

One of the items in the box of gently used was a baby blanket with a shiny satin liner. These are great for tummy time and tossing over a babe in the stroller/car seat/baby bucket. But DON'T wrap the babe in them... shiny smooth fabric and a wiggly babe do not mix.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Thanks, good tip!

On a slightly related note, have I mentioned how much I am enjoying my new satiny nightgown? It makes getting out/in bed and moving around so much easier! I just slip and slide. It's the little things, lol

·
Registered
397 Posts
oomph, i was just going to make a baby blanket out of this satin shiny fabric i have in my stash....guess not...never thought about the wiggly little baby...maybe i could make it satin on one side and terry cloth on the other side....one side for tummy time and the other side for actually wrapping babe in...

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
they're pretty much impossible to swaddle a baby in. I got one as a gift and just used it as a general cover for the stroller/car seat/ or play time. and too funny about the satin nightgown. I might have to get one as I get bigger so I can slide out of bed easier!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.