Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came across a post that had a recipe that used ground meat and spices to make a sausage-like patty. I really want to find it again and I'm having zero luck! Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Ground meat with seasonings.... sounds like *actual* sausage to me!

I'm not sure what kind of recipe you're looking for, but you could check out Alton Brown's recipes for breakfast sausage or Italian sausage as a starting point....

Hth,
alsoSarah

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright smarty!
I guess it seems like the wording of the post made it sound like it was sausagey, but not exactly? I don't know. Anyway, I
Alton Brown and can't believe I didn't think to look there! Thank you!

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Sausage is easy - it really is only ground meat and spices. You can get really detailed, looking for breakfast style or italian style or bratworst style, etc. You can find plenty of recipes for those online. Also, drier meats like venison benefit from the addition of some fatty meat like pork; again, there's a *lot* of info out there on sausage theory, just gotta google it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.