Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went in for a post u/s appt. that was to check a cyst on my ovary, and my dr. said that if I wanted to, I could get a quick u/s to see the baby, so I took her up on it and I'm glad I did. I got to see the little bean's HB and my due date changed to from 6/15 to 6/12,

I'm a little reassured, but I'm still waiting out the first trimester. I'm almost 9.5 weeks and yes, I'm counting the days at least until the first Tri is over!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
That is so exciting!! I am glad that you saw the
, I have to wait 3 more weeks before we can hear ours.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Isn't it a wonderful feeling?
I got to see our little bean's hb last week (random spotting) and this week at my regular appt (just a quick abdominal look). Next time I go in (Dec) we should be able to hear it (my doctor loves checking for the hb each appt and I'm glad she does ... calms me a bit each time).

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Augustmom, that is awesome! My DH and i just got back from our 2nd OB appointment, and we got to see our bean's hearbeat, too!
It is such a cool feeling, watching that little blink-blink! I can't wait to hear it next time!

My DH asked if we could tell people now, and my doctor said to go ahead and tell, that once you see the heartbeat the pregnancy has a 95% chance of being successful. Yay! I guess we are going to start telling more people, although for some reason it still makes me nervous! I still thought I had 3 weeks before we were going to do that. But I think DH and my parents are too excited to hold back any longer. I guess now at least I can tell my classmates why I've been such an airhead this term!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keeta, so glad that you got to see the HB! That's awesome!

I really didn't think I'd get to go in for a u/s but I lucked out--the ultrasonographer had an opening!

I really prefer not to get another u/s until later on in the second trimester. I'm really not a big huge fan of these unless necassary, though it was fun to see the baby yesterday.

B

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.