Mothering Forum banner

Saw the baby :)

500 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  boscopup
I had my 2nd prenatal today with an OB, and had an 8 week dating u/s. I went in believing myself to be 7w1d, and the u/s says somewhere between 7w2d and 7w4d, so close enough for me! LMP would have me at 9 weeks this coming Tuesday, so it was important to get that date changed in my chart.

We saw a nice, strong heartbeat - 158. And I didn't realize that baby is mostly heart at this point! LOL. I was expecting a tiny blip on the screen, but no, you could see the whole heart moving around, and it took up a good portion of the "blob" that is baby.

So all was good, and I go back at 12 weeks. Of course, I FORGOT to ask what the office manager said about how to do insurance billing if I use my midwife (CPM) for the delivery instead of my OB. So I need to call back on that. The OB is personally fine with it, but the insurance billing issue is sticky, so we have to figure that out. The midwife wouldn't be billing insurance though - that gets paid out of pocket.
See less See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
How exciting!!!! I get to go on Monday to have my first U/S. I'm nervous... hoping that all is well. Two years ago I had a m/c. When I went in to have my first u/s, they found out it was a blighted ovum. My sonographer told me it never turned into a fetus. That hit me hard! It didn't make it hurt any less because in my mind it was already a baby, regardless. So I'm hoping I'll get to see a heartbeat at least. My hcg is steadily increasing by leaps and bounds so hopefully that means the pregnancy is progressing.
Yeah, I was pretty nervous going in, but once you see a heartbeat, it takes away all your fears! Hopefully you'll see one this time, and it sounds like you will, given that everything seems to be increasing! I know my queasiness really ramped up the last couple days, reminding me that yep, I'm pregnant!
Yay - what a great feeling!
See less See more
They just did an external for us yesterday - we heard the heartbeat but didn't see anything. It's so nice to have something concrete though - we both had tears in our eyes. Sometimes it just feels like such an abstract experience the first trimester without any movement or a tummy yet! At least for me it does - I always feel that when I get a wave of nausea or my breasts are soooo tender, at least it's something concrete. My body saying yes, you are pregnant!!!
I DO have a tummy! But unfortunately, it's not baby itself.
See less See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.