Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I'm with him on not making people feel ashamed of their decision, but it sounds to me like he's trying to play down the benefits of breastfeeding. Stating that a child will be 'just fine' without breastmilk sends the msg that breastfeeding isn't really necessary. If you consider 'just fine' having an increased risk of SIDS, food allergies, a lower IQ, stinkier diapers, along with the various other inadequacies of formula, then yes, your child will be just fine.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonfirefaery
I'm with him on not making people feel ashamed of their decision, but it sounds to me like he's trying to play down the benefits of breastfeeding. Stating that a child will be 'just fine' without breastmilk sends the msg that breastfeeding isn't really necessary. If you consider 'just fine' having an increased risk of SIDS, food allergies, a lower IQ, stinkier diapers, along with the various other inadequacies of formula, then yes, your child will be just fine.
moonfirefaery,

, to your response on this thread.
, on how he play down the benefits of breastfeeding.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
From the article:
And, anyway, we weirdo Americans think it's obscene for a mom to breast-feed her infant in public.

I'm going to let weirdo's decide the most important element of my child's health? Glad he's not my Dr.

And more intelligence from the article:
Promote the benefits of breast-feeding? By all means. Beat moms over the head who decide not to? It's not fair. It's not justified. It stinks.

Life isn't fair. And it's not fair when parents decide not to breastfeed for the many ridiculous reasons they do that their innocent child, statisically, will be so much more unhealthy, for life!

Can we guess what side of the fence he's on or whether he supported the breastfeeding of his children? I think not. Just provides what they say about how to decide if a dr. will be supportive of your breastfeeding: did they themselves or thier wives breastfeed their children.

More drivel from someone whom so many respect.
:

Sus

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama24-7
From the article:
And, anyway, we weirdo Americans think it's obscene for a mom to breast-feed her infant in public.

I'm going to let weirdo's decide the most important element of my child's health? Glad he's not my Dr.

And more intelligence from the article:
Promote the benefits of breast-feeding? By all means. Beat moms over the head who decide not to? It's not fair. It's not justified. It stinks.

Life isn't fair. And it's not fair when parents decide not to breastfeed for the many ridiculous reasons they do that their innocent child, statisically, will be so much more unhealthy, for life!

Can we guess what side of the fence he's on or whether he supported the breastfeeding of his children? I think not. Just provides what they say about how to decide if a dr. will be supportive of your breastfeeding: did they themselves or thier wives breastfeed their children.

More drivel from someone whom so many respect.
:

Sus
Sus,

, to your response on this thread.
, on how he isn't for this issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.