Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have the TE and the student workbooks. I do not have the meeting book. Now, that we've cracked it open to start, there are questions referring to graphs and calendars and such... are these in the meeting book? Am I missing something in what I have?

Thanks!

· Premium Member
5,741 Posts
Yes, these are in the meeting book. I thought it came packaged with some other sheets on card stock between the two workbooks? Am I mis-remembering?

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't order it as a set, found it at a book sale from a private school. However, no meeting book. I am wondering if I should order it? How valuable do you find the meeting book? Or maybe I should analyze the questions and make something on my own to teach the skill involved?

· Premium Member
5,741 Posts
I don't thin you need it, especially if you aren't going to do all of the meeting each time. it is calendar blanks, weather graphs and counting strips. You should be able to wing it by looking at the questions (and asking if it isn't immediately clear). I'm not often in the homeschooling forum but I'm hiding from my children this evening.
:

· Registered
867 Posts
The meeting book contains blank calendars, temperature charts, and other charts and graphs that you fill out on a weekly basis so that the children can answer questions on their assignments by referring to these charts. I think you can wing it though. For example the first week you are supposed to fill out a "Birthday Chart" listing the number of children in the class who have birthdays each month. We modified it since we are homeschooling and listed family members birthdays. You could write the information on a white board or black board, or make your own graphs on the computer. You will probably be able to figure out what information you need in the graphs by looking at the questions on the worksheets. Another upcoming graph will be "Favorite day-of-the-week," followed by "Our wake up times." Clearly these are designed for classroom use, but they can be adapted by using family members, extended family, friends, or fictitious people.

In addition to these blank charts there is a "Hundred Number Chart," a "Number Line," "Counting Strips", and "Pattern Block Shapes." You could probably find all of this online and print it for yourself of use actual blocks, or strips instead.

Hope that helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.