Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are located in Morris County. My son was a premie @1lb 13oz. and was in the hospital for 4 months 2 surgeries, sepsis, spinal taps, lung collapsed after
surgery...and almost died many times. I could go on and on. My little miracle
came home in August! :>) Now, my pediatrician (Dr. Block) wants to give him DPT shots-I don't. She is trying to scare me. When I was pregnant I did research and made my decision to hold off then. The fear tactics make you feel like a horrible person and to doubt your own convictions. Any advice
you can give me? I don't want to do this-please help if you can. I need a new peditrician, who do you suggest??? Thanks so much.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congratulations on your little miracle!

We currently use Dr. Schlachter in Essex Fells (not sure how far that is for you), but Dr. Chi in Hackettstown saw our son when he was born and is wonderful! He will not push vaccinations (he might even be anti-vax...not sure). Here is his info:

Chi Ching-Hwa MD
254 Mountain Ave
Hackettstown
908-852-4404

If you Google his name, you'll find many positive reviews. Please don't let your current ped make you feel bad about your decision. You obviously did your research and should be commended for that...most moms seem to just go with the flow, if you know what I mean.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Congrats on your little miracle. I go to Dr. Kowalczyk in Westfield. He is wonderful and has never pushed me to vacs. Remember the final say is yours and if you feel comfortable with your decision then stick to it and don't let someone push you into something you don't feel comfortable with or feel strongly against. Look for ped that will work with you. good work mamma!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congratulations!

We go to Dr Julia Bramwell in East Hanover on Rt10. We did not vax, never had any pressure to vax from her, and we actually switched to her because of that. She is lovely.
She herself had premies triplets and had to deal with all sorts of complications (see "My outlook on pediatrics" on her website). She also does oxygen therapy right there.

http://www.completepediatrics.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.