Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>So I'm worried that things are going to get really bad with the country- food shortages, water shortages, etc.  I am afraid that we won't have enough food and I want to start stockpiling.  It's making me re think our TTC plans.  I am worried about bringing another life into this world when we have all these problems.  Is this normal? Do you think things will not get bad?</p>

·
Registered
496 Posts
<p>US families and restaurants throw away tens of millions of TONS of food each year.  Obesity is at crisis levels.  While I can't say it's not possible that very, very long term from now there couldn't be a food shortage in the US, our main problem right now is too much food!</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
148 Posts
<p>While I can see where the PP is coming from, I have had the same thoughts. However, I study prophesy quite a bit and my thoughts are more based on that. That being said, I still have 3 kids :) My biggest issue was worrying about taking care of a baby during really bad times but my youngest is almost 3 now so I'm feeling better. I think you have to really do some deep thinking on it, soul searching, and figure out what is best. We stockpile and prepare, but I do not let it get to the point where I forget about living life. I think it is good to find the right balance.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do I think it is normal to think like this? No, but I think most people just don't think about it. Do I think it will get bad...yes, I'm pretty sure it will.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Give it some good thought mama, you (and your dh) know what is best!</p>

·
Registered
672 Posts
<p>adorabelle- I've found that the more depressed I've become (& esp since being pregnant), the more I worry about these things.  I keep wondering if the world is going to end in 2012 (or if something cataclysmic is going to happen).even though it seems kinda crazy.  Unfortunately, we don't have much control about what happens in the world around us.  If it feels like the right time in your family to have a baby, then you should do it.  If you feel that you are depressed or anxious & it isn't under control, perhaps you should focus on that first, see how you feel after dealing with any problems & then see about TTC.</p>

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
<p>When we conceived dd, we were just entering another Iraq war. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. I don't think we directly entered that one, but the protests were all around us (and believe me, we joined them).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Dd is now nearly 7, and we are still here! Did I think I was absolutely, completely irresponsible for bringing her into the world back then? You betcha. Do I worry about her/our future? Yup. Do I have a raging, long-term anxiety and panic disorder? Check. Can I imagine life without my precious daughter?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>NO!!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>She is the best thing we ever did. We'll just keep doing what we do, work for change wherever we can and hope for the best. Be aware, having a child shifts your vulnerability from yourself to them and for me, it did multiply my fears; intensity of love=intensity of fear. But it's also a compelling reason to deal with my fear. Honestly, it does seem selfish to have children right now; maybe it always was. And it has affected our willingness to have more children, though we did try.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have never been able to figure out how much anxiety clouds/enlightens my perceptions and it's maddening, I grant you. But my daughter has multiplied my joy in life more than I can say.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck!</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts