Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bear with me, this is somewhat explicit, but hopefully ok to post here. So, ordinarily I have no problem with sex during pregnancy, at any stage. Just before 11 weeks, I went on a fairly strenuous/tiring outing with DD and then the next morning had sex with DH. Soon thereafter, I started bleeding and bled for 5-6 days. It was terrifying. I had some mild cramping, too. But it all stopped and an u/s showed the fetus was doing fine, so I was very relieved. Since then, I have had two orgasms (not from penetrative sex) and both times had *very* slight signs of bleeding afterwards -- like just slightly pink-tinged CM the next day, or some sort of ambiguously dark discharge. I am now having a hard time feeling okay about having sex again. It's weird, I guess I don't rationally think it will cause problems, but I just get skittish, and start thinking about that horrible few days when I thought I was miscarrying, and then that's not exactly conducive to a sexy mood. Any suggestions? I feel like I'm ready to move on, just having a hard time actually doing so... (DH has been very understanding and basically says to let him know whenever I'm ready.) Help??

·
Registered
699 Posts
And want to say that you should definetley call a MW or two or your fav provider only (you never know what you get on the other line sometimes) and do your own research and WebMd'ing. Often times, since our blood volume is increasing, strong orgasms (mine send me through the roof about now), fluid is increasing, veins closer to the surface...some bleeding may be inevitable--similar to how writings say nosebleeds may be more common in pregnant women for the above reasons.

Let hubby get on the net for research too--though he may have a biased opinion of the situation (jk--we know our boys want the best for us).

Luck and love.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'd definitely say give a care provider a call as well. When I was preggo with DD I remember having cramping after orgasms (no bleeding though)and I told my care provider about it, and she said cramping was fine but to let her know if I ever had any bleeding, which could be fine as well, but could possibly indicate an issue with my cervix.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I know exactly what you are talking about. I dont want to do it too much for fear of upsetting something in there. This is my third pregnancy and when we do it too much or too often, I sometimes end up with some pink spotting or colored discharge. MAKES ME NERVOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
i have cramping after orgasm, has been really intense cramping a few times which put me off having sex
im kind of scaired to have an orgasm now, so been taking it really easy though last time the cramping wasn't so bad
my doctor said its ok and normal just the uterus contracting, but he did say to let him know if there was any bleeding, so i would contact your doctor or MW just to get some advice and hopefully reasurance

Jools

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the ideas and support! I talked with my MW during/after the initial bleeding and she didn't caution against having sex once it was over. I think they checked out everything they could that could be causing bleeding at that point (u/s, cervical check) and couldn't pinpoint anything. Now I'm switching between MW practices and haven't had my appt with the new practice yet, so I feel a little adrift in terms of having anyone to call... not ideal, I know.

But the good news is, I just really wanted to go for it over the weekend all of a sudden, and we did, and it went fine. So I'm breathing easier (not to mention DH is h.a.p.p.y!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts