Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a year of trying, I have finally convinced my mother to try out the SCD for her severe IBS. She's on day 3 of the intro diet and having good results already. I think she's about ready to start adding things but neither of us has had time to read the whole book yet and I have some questions that I can't find the answers to on the website or from what I've read in the book. Can someone help?

First, when is it okay to add the SCD yoghurt? I made some and then made it into cream cheese because we couldn't get any dry curd cottage cheese but I read that she shouldn't eat the straight yoghurt at first.

2. If adding frozen vegetables to the diet do we need to be careful about corn? I know many frozen veggies are dusted with corn and corn is illegal, but nothing I've read discussed this issue.

3. Same thing with spices - which are listed as legal but many have corn added.

4. Any tips for transition from intro diet to the regular SCD diet? What I've read hasn't offered a lot of advice. I guess just start adding things??

TIA -

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Reintroduction is also different for each person. Someone who dosn't have a problem with dairy can introduce yogurt sooner than I can. It will probably be quite awhile for me. Whereas I can tolerate raw and fibrous things just fine and for others that will take time. The link given on the Pecan Bread site is a great rule of thumb, though.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for the replies. The chart is really helpful.

She tried the cream cheese made from the homemade yoghurt on Saturday. Then yesterday was a really bad day - terrible diarrhea, fatigue, dizziness, nausea. I'm guessing maybe it was a die off reaction but I think she's scared off from the yogurt and the cream cheese now. But she doesn't seem ready to progress off the intro diet even though today is now 5 days on the intro diet. So I guess we'll just proceed depending on her symptoms and not worry about time frames.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.