Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen in several places that the Scenera can RF to 35lbs.<br>
I checked on mine and the label says 30lbs.<br>
I checked the recalls, apparently it was a mistake and it's supposed to say 35lbs. PERFECT! Then I'll put DS1 back in it to RF a little longer...<br><br>
Except I didn't have a manual and I wanted to double check about the strap height. I tried to download one from their website but it wasn't working so I e-mailed them - they send me a pdf copy that is for my specific seat (apparently).<br>
It states that it only can RF to 30lbs.<br>
I am VERY confused now...

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
The Scenera rear-faces to 35# in the US.<br><br>
Canadian Sceneras used to rear-face to 30#, but then the limit was raised to 35#, It is not retroactive. If your seat is labeled with a 30# limit, it only rear-faces to 35#.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realize it is not retro-active.<br><br>
However <a href="http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/VRDB-BDRV/SEARCH/RecallDetail.aspx?lang=eng&mk=4389!4218!5071!11061&md=SCENERA%20-%2022123CCAD&fy=2006&ty=2008&ft=&ls=0&sy=0&rn=2009056&cf=SearchResult&pg=-1" target="_blank">this link</a> to Transport Canada's Recall database states:<br><br><i>On certain child seats, the English label incorrectly states that the weight range for the rear-facing mode is 2.3 to 14 kg (5 to 30 lb). The correct weight range should read 2.3 to 16 kg (5 to 35 lb). Correction: Owners will be provided with an updated label and installation instructions.</i><br><br>
So they gave me the wrong pdf. file? I just want to know for sure before I make any changes to the seats... Thanks!

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
No, when they very first released the Scenera with the 35lb weight limit, almost a year ago, the French side said 35lbs and the English side said 30lbs.<br><br>
When did you buy it and what does it look like? The only ones I've seen with a 35lb rf'ing limit are the black one and the pink one. (Which I'm sure have fancy names)<br><br>
Check the French label, and if the weight limit THERE says 35lbs, yours is one of the recalled ones. Otherwise, it's an older version and only goes to 30lbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts