Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ineed any info you guys could give.<br><br>
I am 33, mother of 3, and wife and work fulltime.<br>
That being said I'm tired of my deadend jobs I've done over the years to keep health insurance for my family. Iwant to go back to college. It has to be all online I want an Accounting degree. If you have any college recommendations I would appreciate it I live inIndana. The only school I've looked at so far is Ivy Tech they have really good tuition but I dont know if they are any good or not.<br><br>
I need help getting the most I can ongrants I am not willing to take out loans the last time I went for 1 year and it took 8 years to pay back. Here's our financials DH makes 55000 a year and I make 18900. This is all before taxes I dont know if that matters. Any ideas or suggestions I need them all. I have no clue if I could get grants and would love to hear you guys takes on it<br><br>
Thanks<br>
Tina

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
Fill out a FAFSA and see what you qualify for. It's hard to say, but I would guess as a family of 5 making almost 75K a year, you might not get much, if anythign, in grants. But there are other factors besides income and number of dependants - so it doesn't hurt to fill the form out. Definitely look into local community colleges/Universities if you haven't already - many have online programs, especially for business and accounting degrees - so at least the tuition will be relatively low.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So any suggestions do I need to go part time or full for the most I can pay for some out of pocket but not a lot. My 7 yo has autism so we send her to a private school ( which cost quite a bit but its a 6 student to teacher ratio). Thats why we do what we do. So any tips for better grants or ant other ideas i would appreciate<br><br>
Thanks<br>
Tina

1 - 3 of 3 Posts