Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't a debate about the death penalty... I just wanted to hear your thoughts on the verdict. Many thought he'd get away with this crime.

It's going to be a long process, with many appeals no doubt.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
A bit OT:

I didn't really follow this trial at all. I know that the bodies were found & that S.P. was found guilty, but was it clear that he really did do it? (Don't jump all over me--I am truly in the dark about it). Did he admit it, or was there evidence? I guess I am asking--how did they know he was guilty?

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
My heart really aches for Laci, Connor and her family, especially her mother.

I thought they'd find him guilty, but am a bit surprised about the DP, especially since it was circumstantial.

I'm not saying i don't agree with it, just that i am surprised.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

Granted, there will be all sorts of appeals and he'll probab;y die in jail and not ever get the "death penalty" part of the sentance because CA takes so long to go through the death penalty process but still...........

·
Premium Member
22,696 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by QueeTheBean
A bit OT:

I didn't really follow this trial at all. I know that the bodies were found & that S.P. was found guilty, but was it clear that he really did do it? (Don't jump all over me--I am truly in the dark about it). Did he admit it, or was there evidence? I guess I am asking--how did they know he was guilty?
From what I've heard, there really wasn't a lot of evidence and he has never admitted guilt, but the jury was quick to come back with a guilty verdict which surprised some. All the evidence was circumstantial, but it really sounds like he is the one who had the motive, plus he did lie about things. I guess I think he's guilty, but I'm not sure. I wish he hadn't gotten the death penalty (although I think Laci Peterson's parents should be allowed to kill him with impunity--I guess I'm more into vigilante-ism.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
I've never been a believer in the death penalty.. but I do seem to be acquiring some real bitterness for certain crimes and even tho the evidience was all circumstantial (right?) .... I cant deny the over-powering intuition that says he is guilty. so.... really, i think he should have a grand time in prison
- WHO has any tolerance for baby and wife killers???
And I hope he gets lots of time to drive himself batty with guilt.....

I hope he is haunted mercilessly on this christmas by his own demons.
~Laura

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I don't know what to say... I don't feel like I can judge since I didn't hear all the details of the case. (But, I'm glad to see pompous Geragos lose, actually...) I don't believe in the death penalty, and/but if he really did kill her, he will pay for it. Just like OJ, if he really did it... I believe karma/justice/energy balance (or whatever you choose to call it) happens.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.