Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my DS who is now nineteen months is driving me crazy, he has hit a if I do not get what I want I am going to scream in rage stage or something lol. I having a hard time figuring out to react to it, I don't ever react in anger, I figure that's not the best way to go, but there are times that I have to walk out of the room because I get so frustrated. Oh yes and usually with these little scream fits he will spit full force at me, and has more then once hit me full on in the face, which makes me way more angry then the screaming.
Well the other day I had just gotten out of the hospital because I was dehdrated and I'm 33 weeks pregnant and it started contractions, any way after wards I was lying on the couch and he wanted something from the kitchen counters and I told him no, well he threw his little fit spit and all, and I don't know what came over me, maybe it was the stress, but as he stood there his body all stiff and screaming at the top of his lungs his face completly red, I burst out laughing and could not stop.
He was really suprised, he stopped and at first looked pretty angry then started laughing to and actually came over and hugged me looking all sheepish.
Now I love that reaction, I'm not complaining in any way, but I was wondering is that reaction laughing at him a good one to have, I feel like I'm ignoring his feelings lol but the whole thing was a lot better experience then me wanting to scream myself. I'm just wondering what others think.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
since he reacted well I would say it's okay. Although of course it may not always work.
another idea you might try if he doesn't need or you really can't attend to a need right then is to scream back.
I don't mean REALLY scream i mean just make a similar baby like noise, this confuses the H out of every baby i know because they can't figure out why you are throwing a tantrum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.