Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
I was so happy to see a thread on this, since I'm planning to order some. Have you had problems with them leaking? I need some alternative menstrual product since I don't care for pads. I just started my second pp cycle and it's only my fifth cycle in the last seven years. I can't wear tampons anymore, they leak and they hurt when I remove them. Any info on the Sea Pearls would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

· Registered
128 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meiri
Are the sponges growing back quickly enough to not go extinct in the wild?

According to the info on the website they are...

Sea Pearls™ are natural, reusable Atlantic sea sponge tampons. They are a safe, efficient, dioxin- and rayon-free alternative to the ordinary single-use tampons. The average woman uses over 17,000 tampons during her menstruating years. Why be an average woman?

Sea Pearls™ are natural sea sponges. Sponges are plant-like creatures growing in colonies on the ocean floor. There are over forty-five hundred varieties, the softest of which are the Atlantic and Mediterranean Silks. As sponges are harvested, millions of egg and sperm cells are released into the surrounding water, making the sponge a renewable resource that provides an ecologically sound product for menstrual use. You can buy Sea Pearls™ Natural Sea Sponge Tampons at most natural food stores. If your local store doesn't carry them, please request that they do so!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.